I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.
J. B. Priestley
Time is so precious to all of us. Our waiting time should be spent wisely. I found this prayer about time and thought it very meaningful. There are many aspects to how different folks view time.
Let’s think of those who look back and wish they had an extra day or more time:
- those who have too little time for what they are expected to do;
- those who have lost a sense of balance and proportion in their lives;
- those who feel that they have made a mess of everything and would like to be able to start again.
We pray, too, for those who might wish for less time:
- those who are worried about what might happen;
- those who are in despair;
- those who suffer hours of pain and illness;
- those who are in prison or are being tortured;
- those who wish to die.
On all these people, Lord, we ask your blessing.
If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.