It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Chapter 10, Page 22, Book 17




There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October.

Nathaniel Hawthorne

I can remember a time when Sunday afternoons were meant for porch sitting and I still do at least until it gets really cold out.

When it gets cool, there is nothing like a sunny spot to sit in.  I look for them and love to feel the warmth.  As there are still quite a few leaves on the trees by my house it’s hard to find such a sunny spot at times, but I’ve found that late afternoon on the sun porch is the perfect time.


In the summer when it was hot out, I looked to the sun porch as a shady place to cool off on, but now, I’m looking forward to sunny afternoons on the porch to warm up in.  As we loose more and more leaves off the huge oak in the picture, I’m hoping it’ll get sunnier for even longer periods of time.  

And as it gets cold here I’ll be looking for more sun puddles to to sit in.  


Hope you all find your spot in the sun and have a relaxing Sunday!  

5 comments:

betty said...

Its finally cooling off to enjoy being in the sun here. Hope you have a restful Sunday, Ma.

Betty

Carol Z said...

This is the longest summer ever. It will be in the seventies today and I think I've worn socks about two times this month. We've still got lots of sun. Have a great Sunday. I was out early this morning and treated myself to coffee and a bagel out and then got my flu shot.

Mevely317 said...

How fortunate you've found your Happy Place!
I'm not sure if Tom understands, but something similar is pretty much my requisite when we go looking next month.

jack69 said...

Now Imma thinking how cool is this thought! Ok, how warm is this thought! NEAT!

TARYTERRE said...

how lucky you found your hot spot to enjoy the moment.