It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Chapter 10, Page 18, Book 17


It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive.  There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them.  

George Elliot

never stop wishing

There is hope in dreams, imagination, and in the courage of those who wish to make those dreams a reality. 

Jonas Salk

A longing is a strong feeling of need or desire for someone or something.  Longing. It is the place in our hearts between the now and not yet. We can let our longing be fuel for growth.

Longings come from a lot of different desires and dreams and most of them are good.  It is what we do with our longings that makes the difference.

Longing for something can motivate us to do things differently to get what is desired.  Longing has been described as a battlefield between the now and the not yet. It’s where we fight our dragons of fear, insecurity and pride.

Longing enriches my life by giving me hope. Longing can help me to realize what I most value and want in life.  Its a catalyst which keeps me on track.  



Why worry about what might or might not happen when the heart is longing only to drink in the breath of this moment?

Cathy Ginter 

6 comments:

betty said...

I think you did a good job describing what longing is, Ma. We all seem to long for something, don't we?

betty

jack69 said...

I agree with Betty of course. Longing is a word from my mama and daddy's time. I seldom hear it now, but when I was a child it was part and parcel of life around our house.
I can remember 'Longing for HOME' interpreted by this kid as wanting to get to heaven. I like it.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

I've missed your beautiful, inspirational posts. Look forward to reading again more often. Thank you for stopping by to welcome me back :)

Rick Watson said...

I wish I had a good idea like this one for my blog tonght.

Mevely317 said...

Longing is a good word; and like Jack alluded, a rarified one. Nice to imagine it as fuel for growth.

TARYTERRE said...

we all long for something it is true. "Longing has been described as a battlefield between the now and the not yet." lucky when we find it.