It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 25, 2017

Chapter 9, Page 25, Book 17


What men and women need is encouragement.... Instead of always harping on a man's faults, tell him of his virtues. Try to pull him out of his rut of bad habits.

Eleanor H. Porter 

When things are easy, Keep on keeping on, and when things are tough, keep on going



Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well chosen, welltimed, sincere words of praise. They're absolutely free and worth a fortune.

Sam Walton

A few words of encouragement are like music to our ears..  We can be the ones cheering on the people around us. Just think how a simple word of encouragement does a world of good.

Even though we understand the benefit of kind words, it’s easy to slip into a habit of giving only critical feedback. After all, we are constantly surrounded by negative comments. We just have to glance at a tabloid or watch the news on television to see how hard we can be on one another. But it doesn’t have to be that way.

We can turn the tide with just one word of encouragement.



I am going your way, so let us go hand in hand. You help me and I'll help you. We shall not be here very long ... so let us help one another while we may.

William Morris

4 comments:

betty said...

Alway good to get and give words of encouragement.

Betty

Chatty Crone said...

Got to say that I am struggling with this right now - sometimes my situation gets rough and I lose some hope - but I never lose it all - there is always a flame - Thanks be to God!

Mevely317 said...

She's been gone a long time now, but I had a Life History writing instructor who 'lit me up' like no other. Even when my work was lackluster, Marsha would point out something she liked. I'll never forget her hand-written, encouraging little notes that inspired me to keep going!

TARYTERRE said...

so much negativity in the world. "We can turn the tide with just one word of encouragement."