It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 22, 2017

Chapter 9, Page 22, Book 17


Autumn is the perfect time to take account of what we’ve done, what we didn’t do, and what we’d like to do next year. 

Author Unknown

Lists, Lists and more lists



Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile

William Cullen Bryant

This time of year it seems my lists are unending.  There is plenty to do inside and out side here at my house.  If I didn’t manage to get done what I wanted to this past summer, it’s too late.  Summer is gone.  Now I’m make lists for Fall and all I’d like to do.  

We get about 90 days of Fall before Winter comes, so it seems like plenty of time to complete my Fall bucket list, but we all know how fast time flies by, especially when we’re having fun…


Autumn asks that we prepare for the future—that we be wise in the ways of garnering and keeping. But it also asks that we learn to let go—to acknowledge the beauty of sparseness.

 Bonaro W. Overstreet

They say Autumn is Nature's transformation, a vibrant celebration of life's seasons, riotous color, joy, change, and a breathtaking palette of hope. 

On the first day of fall I hope to finish up some projects that are long overdue.  They seem to be hanging on forever, but they are not seasonal so it’s a good day to get them done.  Out with the old and on with the new.


Autumn is a second spring when every leaf's a flower.

Albert Camus

I also want to take my bike for a ride over to the lake here in our small community and see if the trees are changing color there.  I’m thinking that the reflection of the leaves on the water would make for a beautiful picture.   

The geese that were just babies yesterday and swam on this lake for hours are all grown up and will soon be flying south to warmer climes.  

I am enjoying some sweet fresh apple cider these lingering warm days here in Ohio.  It’s very cool and refreshing. Early Fall has the best of days, warmth and sunshine, and I’m thankful for them.  They make letting go of summer far less painful for me.  


Autumn is really the best of the seasons; and I'm not sure that old age isn't the best part of life. But of course, like autumn, it doesn't last.

Clive Staples Lewis


4 comments:

betty said...

We don't see the colors of fall here, so I hope you share some pictures on your blog of your area. Fall is a good time to reflect and prepare us for the short winter days.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Autumn is fast becoming my favorite of the seasons (second only to Winter). At least, the way I remember a 'real' autumn from my childhood.
Mother Nature's putting on her finest grandeur for the year's "Last Hurrah"!

jack69 said...

I live by lists also. One thing we don't have to be concerned with is cold and freezes. No winterizing. We follow Spring NOrth and follow Fall South. But there are times I do miss the full change of a season.

TARYTERRE said...

i love autumn too. all the sights, sounds and smells. "Autumn is Nature's transformation,"