It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Chapter 9, Page 13, Book 17


If you can recognize the need for improvement,
things are already improving.

Author Unknown

Every new day is a chance to be better than you were the day before

Improvement begins with I.

Arnold H. Glasow

There is always always room for improvement.  You’d think that as old as I am there would be no room for improvement but there is.  The truth is that I’m getting older but am also getting better every day!

Just about the time I think I’ve finally got it all figured out, some thing changes and I have to start over again.  The good Lord has a way of teaching me to be humble.  I’ve found out that there is always room for improvement.


The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement. 

Chris Eubank

There is a lot of information out there on how to make yourself a better person, how to improve your looks and even on how to improve your relationships.  We all want improvement and most of us are not satisfied with who and what we are.

 I do like my self.  I’m a likable person and for the most part, like what I do, but that doesn’t mean that I couldnt do better and be better.  There is always room for improvement.

One thing I know for sure, may be two, is that a smile always improves your looks.  People seldom nice old clothes if you wear a big smile, and a smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.



Laughter need not be cut out of anything since it improves everything. 

 James Thurber

6 comments:

betty said...

So true how the Lord has a way of keeping us humble and so true we can always improve on things in any given day and situation.

Betty

Chatty Crone said...

I saw a 99 year old women on Kelly today doing yoga - and boy can she still do yoga. She gets up every morning and says this will be the best day of my life! A new chance. Cool isn't it?

Rick Watson said...

Good post, Ma. I'm kind of like a yo-yo. Some days I feel as though I'm getting better, then other days I take a step back.
R

Mevely317 said...

I've lots of wear-and-tear, but surprisingly, after all these years, yes ... I do like myself.
Nevertheless, when one stops trying I think they become complacent. Not gonna happen!

TARYTERRE said...

i am happy to embrace who i am. but you're right there is always room for improvement. "a smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks."

jack69 said...

I read backwards to get here. I always enjoy the visits to MA's house. Althought it was nice to not have TV & the net. I miss the net the most, it is more personal. It is good to be back...