It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Chapter 8, Page 6, Book 17



Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments. 

Rose Kennedy

Moments of Relaxation, Renewal and Refreshment


If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves. 

Maria Edgeworth 

Rest and renewal are a necessity, not a luxury.  No matter how full our schedules are we need to make rest a priority.  Sundays are what I call my day of rest, but we’d be wise to take some moments every day to renew our body and our souls.

Relaxing and getting enough rest will help you do better and enjoy life more. We can do just that, by taking the time to pause and appreciate the moments of life as they quickly fade away.


If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments.

 Anne Morrow Lindbergh

We live in a world of bigger and faster. This takes a toll, but letting go of concerns for the past or the future lets us rest more fully in the present moment. 

 By remembering what’s most important in this world and what’s not, we need to hold onto what matters and how to let go of what doesn’t.  


Relax. Refresh. Renew. Play. Sing. Laugh. Enjoy. Forgive. Dance. Love. Hug. Share. Kiss. Create. Explore. Hope. Listen. Dare. Trust. Dream. Learn. TODAY!
Steve Maraboli

5 comments:

jack69 said...

My sister is known to say, "WE just do not live in the same world anymore." That is for sure but our memories tell us what to hold on to. Love from here

Blogoratti said...

Beautiful thoughts to nourish the mind and soul. Thanks for sharing.

Mevely317 said...

I constantly have to ask myself, What's most important? What's not?
... and learn to loosen my death grip on that not worth fussing about. :)

TARYTERRE said...

i try to live my life one day at a time to savor the moments. "If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments."

betty said...

I have to relax and let go from the past or the future and live in the now. I think it would be less stressful and less anxiety filled if I did so. I need to get a big sign that says relax and hang it close to me where I can constantly be reminded to do so.

betty