It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 21, 2017

Chapter 8, Page 21, Book 17

Each day is a Gift !

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been.

Madeleine L’Engle

getting older each day


Do not deprive me of my age. I have earned it. 

May Sarton

As I've aged, I’ve learned to value my time, genuine relationships, meaningful work, and peace of mind, much more.  Little else matters.

Life humbles us gradually as we age, and we begin to refocus our attention on what truly matters.


If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirit should never grow old.

James A. Garfield

 Some people wait all day for 5pm, all week for Friday, all year for the holidays, all their lives for happiness.  Be we don’t have to wait until our life is almost over to realize how good it has been.

Too often another beautiful day comes to an end with hundreds of unnoticed moments behind us.  We didn’t notice them because they were insignificant to us.  And over time our entire lives become a massive pile of unnoticed and insignificant moments on our way to more important things.


The years teach much which the days never knew. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

When you put your heart and soul into what you’ve got right in front of you,  everything you do will start to be more meaningful and more memorable.  

Each day is a gift, that is why it’s called the present.


To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living. 

Henri Amiel

4 comments:

betty said...

Good to live each day for itself and savor it, they all seem to go by so fast these days.

Betty

jack69 said...

I know this, I know this! But there are times when I forget for awhile, but the memory and knowledge returns, and I appreciate it.
THANKS Reminders are IMPORTANT!

Mevely317 said...

That quote by M. L'Engle is so cute!
We're not getting older, we're getting richer!

TARYTERRE said...

Throughout the years I've learned to embrace my age as should us all. "Do not deprive me of my age. I have earned it. "