It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Chapter 8, Page 10, Book 17


Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

Mark Twain

A list can be a lifesaver.


Lord help me to do with a smile those things I have to do anyway.

Hal Roach

Many people underestimate the value of lists. Sure, the act of writing a list of chores doesn’t get them done. But, it does get them down on paper and out of that merry go round operating in your mind.

Seeing your tasks as words on a page allows you to take control of your thinking — to plan, to undertake, and, most importantly, to cross them off in triumph as they are achieved.


Lists are the butterfly nets that catch my fleeting thoughts… 

Betsy Cañas 

When you think about lists are a very important part of our lives.  There’s the ToDo list, the grocery list, the email list, the gratitude list, the Christmas lists, the bucket list and the lists go and on.

In this age of information overload, a list making has become a way of keeping us on track.  I know for a fact, that if I don’t write it down, I’ll forget it.

Each day contains twenty four hours but how we spend those hours is what separates people who enjoy lives of happiness, fulfillment and success from those who experience lives filled with frustration, disappointment, and often failure.



 Put 'eat chocolate’ on the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Author unknown.

5 comments:

betty said...

I like thar quote about chocolate. I can't go to the store without my list.

Betty

jack69 said...

Yeah, you ended on a SWEET note about the chocolate, Sherry & I got a big laugh out of that.
But for sure the older I get the more lists I need. THAT IS FOR SURE!

Rick Watson said...

I live by lists. I have been using a day planner for 30 years. Some people scoff, but it's what keeps me ticking.
R

TARYTERRE said...

chuckled about the chocolate. but also found wisdom in the following, "Lists are the butterfly nets that catch my fleeting thoughts…"

Mevely317 said...

I've been a list-maker forever! ...and have lately segued to index cards. I keep 'em in y dressing area, my car and my desk drawer. I dunno; I suppose it's a sense of order in an otherwise random world.