It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 07, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 7, Book 17


Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It’s good to nurture yourself for a few moments each day, whatever it takes, and focus on the kind of life you want.  To be aware of the joy and love all around us. We truly are what we think.   Sometime we just need to feel good about where we’re at and what we’ve done.

If we want something different than what we’ve got, there is only one thing to be done, We must do something differently.  We cannot change anything, if we cannot change our thinking.


The very best thing you can do for the world is to make the most of yourself.

With this year now half way over it’s a good time to reflect on what we’ve done and what we want to do.   Our lives are more than flesh and blood they are also mind, heart and soul. We need to find time to feed our souls by embracing gratitude, laughter, hope and faith.

Today is one of the greatest gifts we have ever been given.  Let’s use it wisely and  refuse to waste a single one.


And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count.  It’s the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln

6 comments:

betty said...

So true we have to change our thinking if we are going to get better. These days are speeding by this year. I need to make some attitude adjustments myself,

Betty

Chatty Crone said...

What a thought provoking quote from Emerson and true!
Have a good weekend! Sandie

jack69 said...

Enjoyed the visit. I want to say amen to Chatty and Betty. My thinking as I read. THANKS!

Mevely317 said...

"Find time to feed our souls." Nice!
If I were to pay as much attention to feeding my soul as I do wondering what's for dinner, there's no doubt my life will be richer.

TARYTERRE said...

need to change my way of thinking about things. "Sometime we just need to feel good about where we’re at and what we’ve done. We cannot change anything, if we cannot change our thinking."

Rick Watson said...

The quote about making the most of yourself resonates with me.