It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 4, Book 17


My country, tis of thee. Sweet land of liberty. Of thee I sing..
Land where my fathers died.  Land of the pilgrims pride.  From every mountain side
Let freedom ring…

This 4th of July I’m grateful to be an American.  I can go to any church I want to.  I can go any where I want to.  I have heat in the winter and a/c in the summer.  I can sit on my porch and enjoy the sunset with out fear of attack.

I have fresh, drinkable water pouring from my faucet whenever I want it.  I can look out the window and see beautiful trees and green grass.  I have electricity 24 hours a day. We have vast sections of forest and natural resources that have been protected from greedy men.  

I’m thankful for freedom and the heroes that fought for our country.  

I’m thankful to be a citizen of the United States of America!


My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue. 

Author unknown

5 comments:

betty said...

We do have so much freedom here in our country. It is good to be an American.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

We're so very blessed!
I'll never forget the evening YEARS ago when, at a charity dinner, they introduced an unassuming little man who'd just released a song called, "Proud to be an American."
I'd never heard of Lee Greenwood before .... but it was one of 'those' moments I'll never forget, whose song lyrics humbled me in my tracks.

Mevely317 said...

Yikes! I meant to write, "God Bless the USA" ... not "Proud to be an American."
Brain-fade ... LOL.

jack69 said...

I agree whole completely as you summarized your feelings. This is a great country...
WE had a great Forth Celebration.

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY 4th.