It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 28, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 28, Book 17


Let there be peace on earth.
And let it begin with me.
 Jill Jackson Miller

Peace begins with me

When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there.

 George Harrison

These words remind me that in order to experience peace in the world, I must experience it first within my own heart and mind.  I’ve found that I can  no longer expect outer conditions to make me peaceful or happy.  

When you make peace with yourself, and you can retain peace no matter what shows up in your life. Neither the behavior of others nor the tragedies of the world can destroy your inner peace.


For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

 Everyone’s idea of peace is different but peace is not a concept.  It is the reality of our own identity and in accordance to its own nature, cannot exist in the presence of fear.  Fear is a powerful, destructive, negative emotion whose energy is fueled by our anticipation of what may happen but probably won’t. 

 Peace is a beautiful empowering energy that lives within our hearts, always in quiet acceptance of where we are now, at this moment.


Peace begins with a smile.  Smile five times a day at someone you don't really want to smile at at all. Do it for peace. 

Mother Teresa

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Let me tell you for a fact, MAKING PEACE WITH ONES SELF, is not over rated! It works.

betty said...

I like that quote from Mother Theresa; that is good advice to take; also the one from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Maybe we should do 2 minutes of peace for every 1 minute of anger; perhaps we would end up more peaceful overall.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

peace of mind is indeed crucial to a healthy lifestyle. "When you make peace with yourself, and you can retain peace no matter what shows up in your life."

Mevely317 said...

He may have been my favorite Beatle, but I'm not familiar with that George Harrison quote.
The one from Mother Teresa cracks me up! (Good thing I don't have to go far... LOL!)

This post reminds me of those sweet lyrics they close at church, "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.'

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with everything - being angry causes stress and stress kills!