It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 27, Book 17



Life is the sum of all your choices.

Albert Camus

Decisions shape your destiny.




I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and  I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

All the decisions you have made throughout your life have brought you to where you are today. That’s powerful, when you think about it. There is not much we can control but you manage your life by the decisions you make.

If you let others make decisions for you, then you’re giving them the key to your destiny. That key is yours! You were born with it. It is your way to take charge and take control.



You know how it is. You're 21 or 22, and you make some decisions; then--whish!--you're 70.

T. Wilder

You’re responsible for your life and you need to be in the driver’s seat, especially when it comes to the decisions that affect your future.

There are no guarantees that every decision will come out the way you'd like them to come out. Outcomes are not controllable.  Life is a series of decisions. The key to deciding is to take courage, listen to your heart, choose your path, then go forward, without looking back.

Life is a precious one way journey.  Move forward.


Five frogs are sitting on a log. Four decide to jump off. How many are left? ... Five. Why? Because there’s a difference between deciding and doing!

John Maxwell

4 comments:

betty said...

I like that to make a decision and to move forward with it, not looking back. I have been mostly happy with the decisions I have made over the years.

Betty

jack69 said...

Oh yes, I love that poem by Frost.
BUT, but you must think a little, and when one does 'Life is the sum of all your choices', makes complete sense.

Another thinker sweet lady, THANKS I like it

TARYTERRE said...

i think this quote makes my day today. "Life is a series of decisions. The key to deciding is to take courage, listen to your heart, choose your path, then go forward, without looking back."

Mevely317 said...

I love this -- particularly the parable of the 4 frogs on a log!

Regrets? Of course. But like The Man sang, 'too few to mention.'
A while back I mentioned to someone that I had no-one to blame but myself for not being more fiscally sound -- and she was astonished. Why?, I asked. She said there aren't many people willing to take personal responsibility for their circumstances. (Kinda made me feel good.)