It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 26, Book 17


Now seeds are just dimes to the man in the store
And the dimes are the things that he needs,
And I've been to buy them in seasons before
But have thought of them merely as seeds;
But it flashed through my mind as I took them this time,
You purchased a miracle here for a dime.

Edgar Albert Guest

Every seed is small but contains so much potential. So many good stories are small too but that should never take away from their significance. When you nurture good news, you harness the potential and great things begin to happen.

Seeds need good soil and nurturing in order to grow.  In each of us there are negative and posit seeds.

The negative seeds are of anger, hate, discrimination and jealousy 
The positive seeds are joy, compassion, understand and loving kindness

Seeds are a miracle of life that we get to participate in .The seeds that are watered regularly take root and thrive.


Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Author Unknown

4 comments:

betty said...

I like the thought of the garden as our mind. I need to plant more flowers in my garden and not let the weeds grow.

Betty

jack69 said...

Edgar Guest never ceases to amaze me with SWEET insight! The visit here was well worth the time a hundred times over (FOR GOODNESS SAKE)

TARYTERRE said...

Interesting analogy about the seeds. "When you nurture good news, you harness the potential and great things begin to happen."

Mevely317 said...

This reminds me! I (almost!) let an unhappy person (in a position of power) dictate my day. Instead, I mentally took a page from "Ma" ... and now, I'm visualizing planting a little seedling in a paper cup at my cubicle. :)