It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 22, Book 17


Never underestimate the healing power
of a long, deep breath.
Not only does it create inner calm,
it gives you space to acknowledge
and appreciate that this breath
is not your last one.

Lori Deschene

Just Breathe

I will Breathe
I will think of solutions.
I will not let
My worry control me.
I will not let my
Stress level break me.
I will simply breathe.
And it will be Okay.
Because I don’t quit.

Shayne McClendon

If you’ve ever found yourself in a time when you’ve lost your breath or found it hard to breath, you can truly appreciate the healing a deep breath can do. 

When my head is spinning I have to remember to stop, be still and breathe. When we find ourselves in the midst of chaos and difficulty, we are so consumed by it, that we may hold our breath.

Where the breath goes, the mind follows. If your breath is shallow and short, it could indicate an anxious, negative thought pattern. Slowing the breath down to accommodate longer inhales and exhales helps to slow the mind down.

There are times in our lives that we all need a little breathing space.  Times to breathe deeply and heal.


My TO DO list for today:

Count my blessings
Practice kindness
Let go of what I can’t control
Listen to my heart
Be productive yet calm
Just Breathe

5 comments:

betty said...

I often remind myself just to breathe and to take that time to take a few deep breaths. Does help put things into perspective.

betty

jack69 said...

I like the 'to do' list.
And YES, 'Just Breathe' is a solution to many of life's problems and situation.

Mevely317 said...

OK, this is going to sound like I'm rationalizing.
One of the things I miss most about (cigarette) smoking is the relaxation that came from deep breaths. Our local DIL is an RN and acknowledges that a big chunk of medical professionals smoke to alleviate their stress.

I love that quote by Lori Deschene. Acknowledge and appreciate, yes!

TARYTERRE said...

Just breathe is my mantra. "Be productive yet calm Just Breathe."

Back Porch Writer said...

Breathing in a deep breath and my rib hurts but... just means I'm living! Deep breathes have helped through lots of stress.