It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 21, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 21, Book 17


In a world full of people who couldn't care less, be someone who couldn't care more. 

Author Unknown

words of peace and love


Sweet, cheerful words, coming from a kind heart, are worth more than gold and gems… 

Rosella Rice

Sadly, I’ve found that is there is little or no peace in many of the words I hear these days.  Nearly everyone can recall the sting of unkind words and perhaps even the guilty awareness of the injury caused by unkind words that were spoken.  We are divided by words that cut and slice and have forgotten love for our fellow man.

Words matter, choose them  wisely.  They are powerful and have a great impact on others.  It’s not so much what you say but how you say it.  An encouraging word at the right time can make all the difference in someone’s life.


I’ve always lived with the premise that if you haven’t got something good to say…don’t say it.  I’m far from perfect though and have learned that sometimes the people we love the most are the ones we hurt the most.  A slip of the tongue, a thoughtless word can cause a lot of hurt.

Sometimes we can talk less and say more.  Words matter, so make your words count


The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word, unsaid. 

Author Unknown

4 comments:

betty said...

So true about words being inportant. We need to choose them wisely when we speak so we are kind when we do so.

Betty

jack69 said...

I think this entry is an autobiography of your life. Also this is one of the best posts I have read in a long time, the graphics (and your comments) are perfect. I never thought I would live long enough to hear 'cutting words' in my extended family, we were always such a close knit group. But in my last few years I have heard them. One can forgive. But the brain isn't like a computer, things cannot intentionally be erased. The words I heard were not directed at me, but may as well have been. OUCH!

Mevely317 said...

I love what Jack just said. While I know it does me no good, I can't forget several things which were said (one, almost 50 years ago!) that still have the power to sting.

I'm trying to make a concerted effort not to blurt out what I'm feeling at that moment and instead, pause and ask myself, "Is it really worth it?"
Sad how 'knee-jerk reactionary' many of us have allowed ourselves to become.

TARYTERRE said...

words said and unspoken mean alot. "In a world full of people who couldn't care less, be someone who couldn't care more. "