It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 2, Book 17


We must always remember
that it is the things of the spirit
that in the end prevail.
That caring counts.
That where is no vision,
people perish.
The hope and faith count,
and that without charity
there can be nothing good.
That by daring to live dangerously,
we are learning to live generously.
And that by believing
in the inherent goodness of man,
we may stride forward
into the unknown
with growing confidence.

John Gilbert Winant

Personal growth is just a hug away.


A hug delights and warms and charms,
that must by why God gave us arms.

Author Unknown

I’ve heard it said that you need four hugs a day for survival , eight hugs a day for maintenance and twelve for growth.

The touch of a hug has a healing effect on your body and your immune system stays stronger.  You feel loved and special.


Happiness is an unexpected hug.

Author Unknown

It’s a rare thing indeed when I get those needed 12 hugs a day.  I’m here by myself for the most part.  But when I get the chance, believe me when I say,  I try to give and get all the hugs I can.

This touching gesture can do wonders for our well being. Embracing someone may warm your heart but it can be good medicine too.  Hugs are a natural way to lower blood pressure.


If you haven’t got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.

Bob Hope

To me this is a quote about the condition of your heart, the spiritual and emotional part of your heart.  A heart without any charity isn’t in good shape at all.  Charity could be a kind word, a willing ear, a shoulder to cry on or a simple hug.


Hugs are the Universal medicine.

Author Unknown

5 comments:

jack69 said...

HUGS, funny you should mention it. Elsie Mae's hugs were like medicine! She just folded into my arms. She is a sweetie. And then a hug from MY BEN!

Good entry!

Carol Z said...

What a lovely post. I definitely don't get my twelve a day. Do appreciate hugs and affection from friends.

betty said...

Interesting about the amount of hugs needed daily, but I can see the importance of a human touch. Definitely we need a heart of love to live our days.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

I was in my mid-twenties before meeting a family of huggers. What a difference they made in my life! Today, I'm happy to pay it forward whenever I'm given a chance!

TARYTERRE said...

hugs are the best. they make all the difference. "by believing in the inherent goodness of man, we may stride forward into the unknown with growing confidence."