It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 18, Book 17


Isn’t it cool when the days that are supposed to feel good, actually do? 

Jim Carrey

Sent-Sational / sensational


Sometimes all we need is a fresh new start 

I was out and about early yesterday as I had to take the car in for servicing.  They wanted it there early so at 7:30 a.m. I was there to drop it off.

I have to say, that even though I’m usually up early, I am not dressed and out of the house till afternoon.  We had a nice rain overnight and the air was fresh and cool.  Rather a sensational scent was in the air. 

It was a scent that I’d not smelled in a long time and was very welcome after the hot steamy days we’ve had lately.  The smell of a cool breeze on a beautiful summer morning is bit of heaven to my way of thinking.

I love the smell of a fresh new day.  The rain had given every thing a bath and like me, a little pick me up was needed.  It was fresh start to a fresh new week .  

I’m wishing all of you a sensational/scent-sational week too!  There is the smell of possibility in the air...


Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies. 

Erich Fromm

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Ahhhh, you described the smell of a new day so well. I needed THAT!

TARYTERRE said...

i know that smell. it is a welcome scent for sure. hope your car got serviced with no problems.

Blogoratti said...

What a great description, I just took a deep breath and it feels magical. Wonderful thoughts and thank you for sharing!

betty said...

What a refreshing scent to breathe. I can just imagine it!

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Nice! Even in summer, there's something so invigorating about early mornings. Normally, I'm out the door by 5:30 and get to witness the earth coming awake ..... half the year, that is. (*smile*)