It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Chapter 7, Page 1, Book 17


It’s your outlook on life that counts.  If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously pretty soon you can find the humor in our ever day lives.  And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.

Betty White

Living alone as I do it’s very easy for me to take myself too seriously.  I tend to get caught up in everyday tasks  and forget about the things that really bring joy.  It’s important to get things done, but we need to live each day for what it is.


No matter how busy we are with life's responsibilities  we need to remember we are never going to get these days back and we’re making the memories that we’ll remember the rest of our lives.


People that take themselves too seriously usually trip as soon as life throws them a curveball, but it’s the ones who roll with the punches that are able to see the light in situations even when they appear gloomy.



Don’t miss out on the joy and adventure of life…don’t take yourself too seriously.


6 comments:

betty said...

I often find myself laughing at myself over serious things I've done. Its good to have that balance between things that need to get done and finding joy in our days.

betty

Mevely317 said...

"Seriously?" That was ME yesterday, talking to myself in the ladies room ... reminding myself not to be so dog-gone serious over stuff that doesn't matter one little bit. More often than not, I find myself irritated at my young colleagues' overly-casual etiquette ... then realize, not a one of them is likely to ever suffer an ulcer. Ha!

Carol Z said...

So true! It takes work, but I (almost) always find something chuckle-worthy in the day. Enjoy the weekend!

jack69 said...

There are many time on this internet and blogger's comments I find myself agreeing with Myra and Betty. And M says, the ones that get to her will never have ulcers, and how very true. I MUST remind myself all the time,IS IT THAT IMPORTANT?
Good one again...

Chatty Crone said...

I am sorry I haven't got back sooner - we were away.
I agree with what you said about crones. Hopefully wisdom comes but it does not come to all.
And I too think we take things so seriously - makes things so hard.

Love, sandie

TARYTERRE said...

I agree you shouldn't take yourself so seriously. I do that way too often. And it's not productive. "It’s your outlook on life that counts. "If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously pretty soon you can find the humor in our ever day lives."