It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Chapter 6, Page 7, Book 17



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*So let the sun shine in, face it with a grin.  Smilers never lose and frowners never win.  So Let the sun shine in, face it with a grin.  Open up your heart and let the sun shine in.♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Faith, Family and Friends

Friends are the sunshine of life. 

John Hay

Like sunshine on a cloudy day friends can brighten our days and lift our spirits.   We really do get by the hardships in life with a little help from our friends.  They give us consolation in grief, support in distress, and joy in sharing.

Best friends have seen us at our best and worst, and they love us either way.  Friends can bring fun, laughs and an endless number of enjoyable moments into our lives.  

What I’ve learned as I get older is that no matter how people come into my life, not all of them are there to stay.  Some people enter our lives at a particular period when we need them most, stay awhile, and move on.


But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine. 

Thomas Jefferson

Friends also play a significant role in promoting our overall health. Adults with strong social support have a reduced risk of many significant health problems, including depression,  and high blood pressure.  Developing and maintaining good friendships takes effort, but the enjoyment and comfort friendship can provide, makes the investment worthwhile.

We all need somebody to lean on, as the song goes. My family are friends and my friends are like family.  They keep me going through thick and thin.  Along with faith, family and friends are the main priorities in my life and I’m very thankful for them.


Friends fill your life with joy your soul with sunshine and your heart with love.

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I must say, losing my BEST friend was one of the lowest points of my life.

I told the other pallbearers as we stood by the casket, "If you ever told Sonny something in confidence, it is being buried in this casket.."

Chatty Crone said...

I totally agree with you - if it weren't for friends - they have become sisters I would not have otherwise! Sandie

betty said...

So true how some people are in our lives for just a brief period of time and then they or us move on, but so important to have friends around us to help us enjoy all aspects of life and be there when times are tough.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Friends are indeed like family. "Friends fill your life with joy your soul with sunshine and your heart with love."

Mevely317 said...

I believe good friends are family members we get to choose for ourselves! Mine may be small in number, but oh, so comforting.