It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 30, 2017

Chapter 6, Page 30, Book 17



I was thinking that we all learn by experience, but some of us have to go to summer school.

Peter De Vries

My goal for this summer is just to fall back in love with the world and live again.

If there is one thing that summer teaches us it is how to keep cool.  It teaches is that there truly is no place like home. 

 We learn that mom was always right.  Mosquitos are big and nasty during the humid summer months.  So spray on the spray and do like mom says.  

We learn slow down and take it easy. To stop and watch the fireflies or the butterflies.  They are amazing.

We learn that when hard things happen, truth doesn’t stop being true, but it might be lost for awhile.  God is still Good and beautiful things still happen.


Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy.  To do nothing and have it count for something.  To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds.

Regina Brett

5 comments:

betty said...

That is a good goal for you to have, Ma. I hope you can achieve it this summer.

Betty

jack69 said...

Not a bad idea, imma try harder. Speaking of butterflies. I watched one today. I kept asking it, do you know where you are going? They seem to just flit around with no intended purpose, but down inside, I know better. They're beautiful in flight!

Good luck with your plan....

Mevely317 said...

Fireflies! I so used to be enchanted by them when my parents and I'd travel across Country to my uncle's place in Florida. My hometown was too high altitude, and Phoenix? Well, even fireflies must keep away from the furnace.
It will be good to see them again, looking through the eyes of the child I was.

TARYTERRE said...

i love your summer agenda. a good idea. "I was thinking that we all learn by experience, but some of us have to go to summer school." Butterflies, fireflies, clouds, stars, the sun and the moon are all waiting to be given that once over.

Rick Watson said...

I feel like I need to follow your lead on summer.