It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 26, 2017

Chapter 6, Page 26, Book 17


In the ordinary days and ways of life.

I’m striving to live an ordinary life in extra ordinary ways.  

The grace of God means something like: Here is your life. You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn't have been complete without you. Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid. I am with you....

There's only one catch. Like any other gift, the gift of grace can be yours only if you'll reach out and take it.

Maybe being able to reach out and take it is a gift too.

Frederick 
Blechner


 It is said that we are to boast only in God’s glory revealed in our lives through grace. It is God’s grace that we can be proud of. No accomplishment of our own can match the amazing grace of God.  

Today my thoughts turn to how we tend to crave the wrong things. We long for something better, and we think it’s just ahead. If only I were out of school. If only I had that job. If only I were married. If only I could retire. If only . . . 

It’s one of life’s great lies that we need to be somewhere else, doing something else, with someone else before we start truly living.

The truth is today is the only day we have, who knows what tomorrow may bring.  And ordinary days can be extra ordinary.  It’s all in the way we choose to look at it.  Sometimes we can do something to make extraordinary things happen, but truly it is  the blessings that God sends our way that enables us to do anything at all.  



Time is not measured by the years that you live
But by the deeds you do and the joy that you give--
And each day as it comes brings a chance to each one
To love to the fullest, leaving nothing undone
That would brighten the life or lighten the load
Of some weary traveler lost on Life's Road--
So what does it matter how long we may live
If as long as we live we unselfishly give.

Helen Steiner Rice

4 comments:

betty said...

I have wished a lot of my life away on this or that. I tell young moms not to wish for their children to walk, sleep through the night etc., but just to enjoy each day as time does gp incredibly fast.

Betty

Carol Z said...

I think that's what makes my retirement years so sweet. I'm not wishing a second away. When I worked I looked forward to going home, the weekend and vacations. Now I'm home and every day is the weekend. So grateful for these years!

Mevely317 said...

I love that line, "the party would not have been complete without you."!

Teetering on the verge of walking away from a sound paycheck and awesome benefit package -- but a negative environment - I needed to read this! More and more messages of this kind seem to present themselves of late. Maybe they've always been there, but I'm just now sitting up and paying attention.

TARYTERRE said...

always thinking the grass is greener somewhere else doesn't help. "And ordinary days can be extra ordinary. It’s all in the way we choose to look at it.