It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Chapter 6, Page 21, Book 17


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*So let the sun shine in, face it with a grin.  Smilers never lose and frowners never win.  So Let the sun shine in, face it with a grin.  Open up your heart and let the sun shine in.♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

Welcome Summer !

What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. 

Gertrude Jekyll

It’s the first day of summer and the first day of the rest of my life.

When I thought about how I might live life from now on, I didn’t really find a whole lot that I’d do differently.  More than not, there is not of lot of changes I’ll be making.  Most of what is on my do list is much the same as I’ve been doing, but when something isn’t broke you don’t try and fix it.
 

I want to:

Live every day on a fresh new start. 
Be true to who I am. 
Quit complaining.
Focus on What vs. How
Live more consciously each day
 Appreciate something each day and give thanks for it.

Each day is a gift and that’s why we call it the Present!

Wishing you all a safe and happy Summer !


Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

3 comments:

betty said...

I need to quit complaining. Trying not to do that about the heat, especially since we live in the desert. I hope you have a nice summer too, Ma.

Betty

jack69 said...

The biggest problem facing MANY of us is being able to accept who we are, and go from there. I really try to enjoy and love life. I am not always able to live 'one day at a time' but I do like to try. A simple formula, but hard to wrap one's mind around.

Mevely317 said...

Your saying, "I didn't really find a whole lot that I'd do differently" gave me pause. Aside from retiring and getting the heck out-a Dodge, guess I'm pretty content as well. (Well, I might like to learn to fry chicken someday, or snap beans. We'll see....)