It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Chapter 5, Page 7, Book 17



With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts

Eleanor Roosevelt

Resolve to keep on keeping on.

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!

There are days that I feel like time has gone into a super speed mode.  Sometime I think it’s because I’m getting older but the truth is every age has its pressures and stresses.

In order to keep from becoming discouraged, sometimes we need to simply put one foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on and remember what’s important.


I'm so far behind that if anything else were to happen, it would be two weeks before I could worry about it.

We have to take the good with the bad and remember all things pass and take steps in the right direction. To have faith that change will happen. Remember that as many bad days you have, you will get many fantastic days.  Nothing lasts forever.

Persistence can be tough when the going gets rough, but keep in mind that as long as you keep going, you'll eventually get to where you want to be.

Whether one is twenty, forty, sixty, or eighty; whether one has succeeded, failed or just muddled along - life begins each morning! The greatest fact in life is that it is never too late to start again. Biography simply overflows with inspiring examples of this truth. However discouraging your days may have been, keep this thought burning brightly in your mind: life begins each morning!

L.M. Hodges

4 comments:

betty said...

So true every day gives us new opportunities and when we go through tough times they dont last forever. Best we can do is keep moving forward one step at a time.

Betty

jack69 said...

You brought a smile from my past. My mama used to say that about some folk, "The hurrier they go the behinder they get.

Good words to live by as always.
From North CArolina, Love

Mevely317 said...

That bee v. mosquito quote box is precious!
Since I'm inclined to worry over things totally out of my control, your message is bolstering, indeed.

I hope your Sunday finds you in a peace-full state of mind, Ma.

TARYTERRE said...

I have a little sign that says, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!" It's an ode we live by.