It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Chapter 5, Page 27, Book 17



With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts

Eleanor Roosevelt

Plan your work and work your plan

You have three choices: give up, give in, give it all you’ve got

Author Unknown 

There is a wise old saying that says: Plan your work, and work your plan. I’m finding the wisdom in these words as I go through my day, my week, my month tacking on activities and commitments and responsibilities without working them into the plan.

Planning your work simply means be clear of your goals and plan accordingly.  If I want to get something done I need a daily plan.  Setting goals is important if you want to succeed and if you have plan in place then your goal each day is to work your plan.  It sounds very simple, but it's easier said than done. 

I read an article that said a popular and easy to remember acronym  has been successful in helping countless people reach their goals is the word smart.

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely

Specific: Make sure your goal is as specific as possible. 

Measurable: Goals that are hard to measure are goals that are hard to meet. 

Attainable: Make sure the goal itself is reachable.

 Realistic: It is important to dream big dreams and aim high, but don’t set yourself up for disappointment by trying to reach an unrealistic goal. 

Timely: People who set goals without target completion dates rarely accomplish their objectives.

Have a plan, one that stays flexible, allowing for disruptions and transition and the unexpected so you know what direction you are headed! There may be a bend in the road or a detour ahead, but at least you know where you need to get to next, what task to tackle after you’ve taken care of this present one.

Plan well. Prepare diligently. Pray hard. Then, go for it with your whole heart.
Charles R. Swindoll

5 comments:

betty said...

I like that smart approach with making plans. It makes sense and totally doable.

Betty

Rick Watson said...

This one works for me too.
R

Mevely317 said...

I like that 'S.M.A.R.T.'!
'Had to smile, in that my BF's and my catch-phrase has always been, "It's a plan!" Neither of us can imagine not having one; I'm a bit compulsive that way. On the other hand, that was almost the undoing of DH and myself. When we first got together in 2002, neither he or his children seemed to have a plan about anything - even, the day before, how to spend Christmas ... and they were OK with that! Thankfully, we've since met in the middle.

jack69 said...

Okay, I found my jewel up at the top. I have it written down for me and someone special. THREE choices.... I like that! THANKS LADY, you seem to always have THE gem!

TARYTERRE said...

my favorite quote is about the threes. "You have three choices: give up, give in, give it all you’ve got."