It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Chapter 5, Page 23, Book 17

Here I am with my daughter and her son.

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts

Eleanor Roosevelt

There is only one you

You are unique--there is no one else like you.

Marva Collins

In case you haven’t met me,  I’d like to give you an introduction.

I’m thankful to be me.  I’m not a young chick, I’m getting older.  I don’t try to be anyone else. I know my age and am not ashamed of it.  I’ve lived a great life for the most part and have no regrets.  

So many try to be something they’re not.  Not me.  For all my grey hair and wrinkles I’m not looking to be anyone else.  

I’m a grand’ma’, I’m a mom and I’m a sister and a friend.  I’ve got many hats, but they all belong to me.  I don’t try to copy anyone’s style or looks.  Most of what I own is old and so are the clothes I wear.  Truthfully, though I’ve got so much that nothing I have is ever going to wear out in this lifetime.  


About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all. 

Rita Mae Brown

I don’t compare myself to others, because I’m an original.There are no two of a kind. If we were all the same, what a boring world we’d live in.  I believe that we are who we are and should be what we were meant to be.  Unique, individual and wonderful!

I’m plump, well rounded, and I wear clunky shoes and baggy pants because they are comfortable and at this point in my life being comfortable is wonderful.   I’m not what I once was, but never better.  

I’m an encourager because I know how much it means to get a kind word, a pat on the back or a hug.  I’ve known the power of a smile and how wonderful it is to have someone who cares enough to be at my side.

I’m a believer.  My faith is very important to me.  We all need that in our lives.  I’m a widow.  I lost the love of my life to a sudden heart attack.  I have also lost a grandson and a son, but because I have faith, I know that they are in a better place than we could ever imagine, and who can be sad about that. We, the ones that are left behind, will miss them, but keep them close in our hearts forever.

I’m a positive thinker.  We are called to rejoice and be glad in all circumstances.  Whenever I get down, I count my blessings of which there are many.  I’m too blessed to be stressed and even though every day may not be a good one, there is something good to be found in every day if you take the time to look for it.

What more can I say? I’m me…unique and wonderfully made and thankful for it.



Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. 

Dr. Seuss


3 comments:

betty said...

This was a great entry, Ma. It is neat to come to that point where you are comfortable with who you are and you don't need to make any excuses about it.

Betty

jack69 said...

OH YES...Good to meet you. You described the lady most of us already know. From your writings we all know you are a loved mama, grandma and friend. The ones close are blessed to know you and those of us at a distance are equally blessed.

I always feel sorry for someone who thinks they can be what they are not.

TARYTERRE said...

You are special indeed. I'm glad you are here in Blogland. "I don’t compare myself to others, because I’m an original.There are no two of a kind. If we were all the same, what a boring world we’d live in."