It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 22, 2017

Chapter 5, Page 22, Book 17


With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts

Eleanor Roosevelt

Every day is a gift, that is why we call it the present

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

 Bil Keane

Believe it or not, research shows that we spend very little time living in the present. We spend a lot of time ruminating about the past, or speculating about the future. To make things worse, much of our thinking is negative. We think about the things we might have done, or we think about future dramas that may, in reality, never occur. Or we might just simply wish it was Friday, and effectively wish a significant portion of our lives away.


Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present. 

Albert Camus

Choosing to live in the past or the future not only robs you of enjoyment today, it robs you of truly living. The only important moment is the present moment.

It is said that life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away. I’ve certainly many of those in my life.  I try to remember that living one day is the best way. Being thankful for and appreciating what I have each moment of my life.


Happy is the person who cherishes the precious lessons of the past and lives vigorously in the present.

Jerome Hines

4 comments:

betty said...

That is so true about living in the past or worried about the future. I need to do a lot better living in the present.

Betty

Rick Watson said...

I love your quotes again tonight.
R

jack69 said...

I.m with Rick, and especially the Don't stress the 'could haves'. We are too prone to do that!

TARYTERRE said...

"We spend a lot of time ruminating about the past, or speculating about the future." This describes me and I realize I have to change this aspect of my life.