It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Chapter 5, Page 20, Book 17


With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts

Eleanor Roosevelt

Be a lifetime learner

You learn something every day if you pay attention. 

Ray LeBlond

This time of year many are celebrating graduations.  High School, College and even Nursery School says friend Jack.  Students are happy they’ve reach the point that school days are over, but they are in for a big surprise.  The truth is learning never stops. The older I get the more I’m finding out just how little I really know.  The older I get the less I know and the more I need to learn. In this fast and changing world something new is happening every day and for me every day is a school day.

Learning helps us more easily and readily adapt to new situations.  New situations happen more than we want sometimes.  Change is one constant we can depend on.


If you learn something new every day, you can teach something new every day.

Martha Stewart 

Very often I pass along what I’ve learned.  Some lessons in life are particularly hard and I have had to revisit them often.   I may seem repetitious when I talk about smiles, gratitude, love and faith, but they have great importance and effect so many different parts of our lives.  The lessons they can teach us are endless it seems.  Sometimes you suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way.


It's a mistake, when life hands you a tough lesson, to think that you can get back at life by not learning it. 

Robert Brault

So far today I’ve learned a valuable lesson.  It’s one I’ve had to learn many times over. Life is  about simplifying and focusing on the genuine and true things in life that really make us happy, including the most important: family, friends, and our relationship with both God and ourselves. So often we forget our way to happiness. We get bogged down with negative feelings and the idea that life isn’t fair. Newsflash -- it’s not. Happiness can literally make you live longer and can certainly improve your health and quality of life. 

May each and every one of us to find our happiness today and live our lives free from the baggage that weighs us down.


People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong. 

Bill Vaughan

 The lesson I learned about change:  

Be aware that change can happen in your life. This means understanding that things can and will be different from how they are now.

Change gives us a chance to learn something new.  Not all changes in life are bad, there are some good times that come with change. 

When you accept, embrace, and learn from change, you inevitably grow stronger. The ability to continuously accept change allows you to become as solid as a rock in the midst of violent storms all around you, even if you feel afraid.  When life fails to shake you up with its twists and turns, you realize that changes can’t break you.


To learn something new is a timeless pleasure and a valuable treasure.

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I want to learn every day, usually do. But you had to put a picture of a sail boat, I would like to learn to sail. HA! Maybe reading a book would be better!
Good entry!

betty said...

It is true we never stop learning and its true we need to live a life of gratitude. In the end, it is so true too, faith, family and friends are what really matter.

TARYTERRE said...

This is so true. "The older I get the less I know and the more I need to learn."