It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 15, 2017

Chapter 5, Page 15, Book 17



With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts

Eleanor Roosevelt

We are what we think

Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength - carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.

 Worry robs you of your peace. It steals your joy. It grabs hold of your sleep and keeps you up all night. Worrying doesn't add any value to your life. 

Since you can choose your own thoughts, when doubt comes, you can learn to recognize it for what it is, say, No, thank you, and keep on believing! Your life is what you live today, and the direction you hope to take in the future.   You can’t fix the whole world. All you can do is to do your best to manage your little corner of it. 


Worry does nothing but steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing. 

Unknown

Worry is one of the top dream killers; it consumes your thinking, bogs down creativity, and can make you feel stuck.  Bad days will come, but they will also go. People who worry a lot tend to only focus on the negative, and they forget to leave room for contemplating the positive. Instead of clinging to the bad news, seek out the good news and think about the good times.

Always remember, our thoughts create our lives… Choose wisely!


Have a happy Monday !

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. 

Author Unknown

4 comments:

jack69 said...

When I came to this and the paragraph immediately following I read it several times, This Jewel is a FACT!

Worry robs you of your peace. It steals your joy. It grabs hold of your sleep and keeps you up all night. Worrying doesn't add any value to your life.

I liked the statement comparing the world and 'our little corner of it!"
Good one.
SWEET thoughts!

betty said...

I admit I do worry. I do realize too it really doesn't help anything and just adds stress on to my life. I need to change my thought process indeed.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Boy, sometimes it feels you're talking right to me. When I read this earlier this morning, I was already in 'fret mode' ... awaiting my 10AM doctor's appointment and pathology results.
An hour later I had a phone call telling me the doctor is sick and needs to reschedule. Go figure!


Meanwhile, I may need to come back again and again and read this!

TARYTERRE said...

I am a worry wart. So these words speak to me. "Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength."