It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 07, 2017

Chapter 4, Page 7, Book 17



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We've got high hopes! We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes! ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


The effects of kindness are not always seen immediately. Sometimes it takes years until your kindness will pay off, and is returned to you. And sometimes you never see the fruits of your labors, but they are there, deep inside of the soul of the one you touched.

Dan Kelly 

April 7th - THE HOPE OF LENT


In the morning let me hear of your gracious love, for in you I trust. Cause me to know the way I should take, because I have set my hope on you.

Psalm 143:8

Nowhere have I found words more powerful than those in the Psalms. Their fervid poetry cleanses one, gives one strength, brings hope in moments of darkness.

Like the verse in Psalms there are many ways kindness restores hope to a weary world.  Every smile, word of kindness, and action of assistance brings hope to hurting hearts. 

Kindness is the power to give hope. 


Three things in human life are important.
The first is to be kind.
The second is to be kind.
The third is to be kind.

Henry James

There is no mystery in describing kindness. We all recognize it. We all know when we have expressed it. And we know when we have been showered with kindness. It feels good, whichever side of kindness we live on in the moment.

Kindness comes in many forms but always from the heart.  The impact we can have on the world we share, if we choose to be kind in every circumstance or even in an occasional situation, simply can’t be overestimated.

Kindness is always a choice.  Remember that if others are not kind, they are hurting. 

Choosing to remain on the high road is a good choice for all of us. And it’s a great goal to strive for every day. 


Nothing is black or white, nothing's 'us or them.' But then there are magical, beautiful things in the world. There's incredible acts of kindness and bravery, and in the most unlikely places, and it gives you hope. 

Dave Matthews

4 comments:

jack69 said...

I enjoy your expressions. I smiled at the statement that kindness feels good no matter which side of it you are on. That is absolutely neat! THANKS!

betty said...

It is always better to take the high road indeed when it comes to kindness, and you are right, if someone is not kind, it is usually because they are hurting in some way or another.

betty

Mevely317 said...

I need to copy that last image and post up at our Front Desk. (Wow, some of the cranky-cranky people they encounter!)

You've probably seen this quote box before, Ma, but one I love goes something like, "When I was young I admired witty people; now that I'm older, I admire kind people." (OK, I've probably butchered it, but you get the idea.) I tend to think of kindness as a balm for my mind.

TARYTERRE said...

Certainly am feeling this quote today, "Choosing to remain on the high road is a good choice for all of us. And it’s a great goal to strive for every day."