It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Chapter 4, Page 6, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We've got high hopes! We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes! ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


I Threw Out...


Last week I threw out Worrying,
It was getting old and in the way.
It kept me from being me;
I couldn't do things my way.


I threw out those Inhibitions;
They were just crowding me out.
Made room for my New Growth,
Got rid of my old dreams and doubts.


I threw out a book on My Past
didn't have time to read it anyway
Replaced it with New Goals,
Started reading it today.


I threw out childhood toys
Remember how I treasured them so?
Got me a new Philosophy too,
Threw out the one from long ago


Brought in some new books too,
Called I Can, I Will, and I Must.
Threw out I might, I think and I ought.
Wow! You should've seen the dust.


I picked up this special thing
And placed it at the front door.
I Found It -- its called Peace
Nothing gets me down anymore.


Yes, I've got my house looking nice.
Looks good around the place
For things like Worry and Trouble
There just isn't any place.


Its good to do a little house cleaning,
Get rid of the old things on the shelf.
It sure makes things brighter
Thank you God for cleaning up myself.


Author Unknown


The hope of Lent - April 6th 

Clutter is found in so many shapes and sizes. We can find it on our kitchen tables, under our beds, in our cars, and in our heads. 

Katrina Mayer

As I have just moved, there is really no need for Spring cleaning here at my house, but I have to admit there is a lot of clutter in my mind.  I thought it would be truly refreshing to try to clear out the cobwebs in my mind so that I can start the spring rejuvenated. Spring is a time of rebirth and new growth and I wanted to create a clean slate by cleansing my mind and soul.


Clear clutter. Make space for you. 

Magdalena Vandenberg,

When our mothers told us to clean our rooms, they were unwittingly giving us a gift that would have lasting repercussions. Although we grumbled when asked for the umpteenth time to clear the mess, we were actually doing more than physically cleaning our rooms. We were cleaning our spirits as well.There is a spiritual side to everything, even household chores. 

Cluttered rooms are often indicative of a cluttered mind. Messy houses may point to messy lives. If you are feeling overwhelmed by life, go clean a closet. It’s the quickest and cheapest therapy for regaining a sense of control and a feeling of accomplishment.

As with the advent of spring cleaning we clear out of our houses the things no longer useful to us, why not at the same time relieve our minds of worthless rubbish? 

Emily Tolman

5 comments:

betty said...

I liked that first poem. So good to throw some of those things out. Cleaning things out is indeed very therapeutic. It is always a good feeling when it is done.

Betty

jack69 said...

I always like Mr or Mrs. Unknown. They must get a lot of mail telling them how much help they have been to people. LOL
It is amazing how an author of such a neat poem could be lost.
Enjoyed your comments!
Love from the rainy Florida!

Mevely317 said...

That's a great poem! Tall order, but great all the same. :)

I can SO relate to your (next to last) paragraph about clutter. I know of at least one closet in sore need of cleaning!

Rick Watson said...

I can name that tune in one note :)

TARYTERRE said...

like the poem. lots of sage advice. "refreshing to try to clear out the cobwebs in my mind so that I can start the spring rejuvenated."