It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Chapter 4, Page 29, Book 17


With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts

Eleanor Roosevelt

FINDING JOY

Life can have up and down moments. I’ve had my fair share of those lately.  Despite what or when they may happen, joy can at any moment. I need JOY in my life.  It provides me with appreciation for the up moments, faith to face the down moments, and peace during the times in between.


Be open to the possibility of a joy from heaven. Joy may be elusive, but it is never gone. Sometimes it just takes some work.

Max Lucado

When I think about it, gladness is always present within me. Like love, it is a natural part of who I am.  Joy is there no matter what is happening in my life or in the lives of those I love. True joy that fills and lifts.  

Happiness and joy can be present at the same time. Happiness is based on material things or events, such as when a person is given a gift, graduates from college or celebrates a birthday.

Joy, on the other hand, is from Lord and runs deeper. It can be present even during unhappy times.  Happiness is dependent on our circumstances. Joy is an inner contentedness despite our circumstances.


It is said, A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.  How true.  Don't just endure your days, enjoy your days. Smile. It will give your face and your spirit a lift.

Laughter is one way to see happiness and hear it; it’s happiness made visible and audible. It’s the sound of joy. It’s not joy’s only sound; there is joy in sorrow, in tears, underneath sobs, and in silence. And there is laughter, a happy treasure, to cherish as a gift from God.



Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.

Earl Nightingale

5 comments:

betty said...

So true that joy comes from God. We can experience that indeed during our toughest moments if we keep our focus on Him and try to live in gratitude like you do.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Honestly, I never considered joy in this sense. Certainly not amid sorrow. As often happens, you've given me something to ponder. (It feels good!)

jack69 said...

Yes, yes, Joy comes from Him above.
I love EArl Nightingale. He has been a comfort to me also and I learned a lot in business from him. I made it a practice many years to listen to some of Earl's stuff each morning.
THANKS

TARYTERRE said...

i think you're on to something with this quote. "a joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. How true. Don't just endure your days, enjoy your days."

Rick Watson said...

Smiling does make you feel better. It also rubs off on those around you.