It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 28, 2017

Chapter 4, Page 28, Book 17


With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts

Eleanor Roosevelt

The simple life

Simple pleasures are the last healthy refuge in a complex world. 

Oscar Wilde

There is a lot of beauty and practicality in living a simpler life.  A life uncluttered by most of the meaningless busyness people fill their lives with. It leaves space for what’s truly meaningful. 

Circumstances in my life have led me to lead me a simple life.  But I’ve come to appreciate it more and more.  The simple life isn’t for everyone, but even though it isn’t what I choose, it’s what I’ve come to love.

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things in life which are the real ones after all. 

Laura Ingalls Wilder

They say everything happens for a reason and I truly believe it.  When you don’t have and do everything,  you come to be content with what you have and be thankful for it.  

This bright, new day... complete with 24 hours of opportunities, choices, and attitudes… a perfectly matched set of 1440 minutes.This unique gift, this one day, cannot be exchanged, replaced or refunded. Handle with care. Make the most of it. There is only one to a customer.

Author Unknown

5 comments:

jack69 said...

One of my military leaders FIRST taught me about the KISS theory in military evolutionS. Complex is interesting but allows too much room for mistakes, so when you are under me I want you to remember the KISS theory. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

jack69 said...

PS: In public speaking he always said, "Keep It Simple Sam". LOL

betty said...

I like living simply and very minimalist. Have just what I need and that is good to be content with it. We do like to eat out on the weekends, but will cut back on that til my job stabilizes.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Unlike my 30's and 40's, I'm so enjoying a minimalist lifestyle. Instead of filling our evenings and weekends with stuff that doesn't really matter, we've become more selective and really (really) enjoy just sitting home with our dogs and our books.

TARYTERRE said...

I agree with you that a simpler life is the way to go. "I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things in life which are the real ones after all. "