It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 06, 2017

Chapter 3, Page 6, Book 17


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We've got high hopes! We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes! ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

The Hope of Lent 



Top 10 Reasons 
You Deserve a Smile

10.  It’s one of those days
9.  Frowns make wrinkles
8.  They’re contagious - but you don’t have to go to the doctor
7.  You can pass it around and no one will get mad
6.  I want you to wonder what I’m thinking
5.  It’s a precious gift
4.  It’s with this or one of those stupid dancing emails
3.  Mom was right - your face can freeze like that
2.  Good way to show off dimples

and the #1 reason you Deserve a Smile…

You’ll Smile Back!



March 6th - Never forget to smile, even when life is hard

A smile is nature's best antidote for discouragement.
It brings rest to the weary,
Sunshine to those who are frowning,
And hope to those who are hopeless and defeated.
A smile is so valuable that it can't be bought,
Begged, borrowed, or taken away against your will.
You have to be willing to give a smile away
Before it can do anyone else any good.
So if someone is too tired or grumpy to flash you a smile,
Let him have one of yours anyway.
Nobody needs a smile as much
As the person who has none to give.

Dale Carnegie

There is great power in giving a smile to someone else. First, when you give a smile, you are acknowledging the other person as someone special. This does not matter that you even know them or will ever know them. 

Giving a smile is a great gift in that it only requires a brief second of your time, attention, and ability to connect with another person. No money is required. A smile gives hope and encouragement.  It’s a frown turned upside down. 

 When life gives us reasons to cry 
We give it reasons to smile

I hope you all find many reasons to smile today!


5 comments:

betty said...

I like the 10 reasons for deserving a smile. It is such an easy thing to give one. We need to do it more often I think. It can light up someone's day.

Betty

peggy said...

Your pictures have been so sweet lately, making me encouraged that spring will be here soon. I hope your move goes well and there will be some flowers in your new place.

jack69 said...

That Betty stole my comment AGAIN! Anyway to repeat, I did enjoy the 10 reasons.

Mevely317 said...

Love the 10 reasons ... but especially #6. (snickering ...)

This post immediately made me think of my shopping expedition last week and how happy the Kroger's store makes me feel. No doubt, I walk around smiling at every Tom, Dick and Harry.
Unfair perhaps, but I almost commented to the cashier: Why is it, most all the women shoppers are walking around with a scowl on their faces and the men are grinning? (Dang, I hope they didn't think I was flirting with them!)

TARYTERRE said...

I don't need more wrinkles that's for sure. So smiling is best."You have to be willing to give a smile away Before it can do anyone else any good."