It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Chapter 3, Page 30, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We've got high hopes! We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes! ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



The Hope of Lent - March 30th

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of. 

Alfred Lord Tennyson

 Trouble will come, but discouragement doesn't have to. There is hope through prayer.    One thing, maybe two that I’ve learned is that we need to be 
patient. As Robert Frost said, with many things the only way out is through. Keep moving. Keep trying. And have faith.  Hold it dear and tight.   Let times of discouragement lead you to pray, not to give up. 

Hope is a word of optimism, and it defines what we are living for.  Faith and hope, in my mind, are overlapping realities: hope is faith in the future tense. So most of faith is hope.  

Troubles of the worse kind come when they affect your children.  One of mine needs all the help the good Lord can provide right now.  I feel helpless but know he’s in the best of hands.

My faith is stronger than it ever was before.  I also have more reasons to hope .  Everyday I’m finding out that life as I knew it is over.  A new way of living has begun.  It’s not a life I dreamed of, but it is life as I now know it.  When it comes down to it, all any of us can take each day as it comes and try to make the best of what we get.

Keep your hope and faith alive and live each moment of your life to the fullest.  It’s all anyone of us has. To live is to hope, and to hope is to live.

4 comments:

jack69 said...

It is bad to be hopeless. It must be such a bleak life. Hope itself costs nothing, but when held tightly Allows a sun to rise in our life daily.

betty said...

So true about our children and troubles of the worst kind when it affects them. I spend a lot of time praying for them. Will keep praying for your son. Life does have a way of changing on us, we need to continue to go with the flow of it.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

I love that quote box about hugging your children's with your prayers!
Mine may be 6-foot, 200# ... but he'll always be my baby, and I know you feel the same way.
From your lips to God's ears, my friend.

TARYTERRE said...

So true what you say about HOPE. "Hope is a word of optimism, and it defines what we are living for."