It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Chapter 3, Page 25, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We've got high hopes! We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes! ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


The Hope of Lent 

Give up negativism——be positive.

March 25th

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

Lou Holtz

Most of us tend to let our circumstances choose our attitude for us.  But choosing our attitude no matter what the circumstances is the only way to a happier life.  Why wait for the perfect circumstance to be happy, when we can choose it now, every day, no matter what happens.


A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change.

Earl Nightingale

Attitude is a decision that we make every day.  It’s ours to choose just how we want to feel.  Even if, at any given time, your choices of action are limited, your choices regarding your attitude are not. Always choose a positive attitude.

 A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.

Hugh Downs

How we choose to start a new day can be our single most effective way to impact having a good day. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. A positive attitude is always an option and it's up to each and everyone of us to choose it.


Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life.

Joel Osteen

Positivity is choosing to see the bright side of life. It is recognizing that struggle and pain are not all that’s there, even if they’re all we can see in a certain moment. It is seeing the good in people, even when we have to search really, really hard for it. 

We choose what attitudes we have right now. And it's a continuing choice.

John Maxwell 

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I have always been positive, but have backslid at times. I am so surprised when I see a person who has been positive start being negative. I always wonder what has happened in their world.
They turn completely around and are constantly POSITIVE that something is going to go WRONG! Makes me sad.

betty said...

Its hard to stay positive at times for me, but it is the best attitude to have especially during hard times. Have to remember those times will pass.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Yep, I'm amongst those who've allowed circumstances to change my attitude. (Much like a chameleon in that regard.)
Fretting about an outcome over which I've no control is so unnecessarily stressful. I'm so afraid of being sucker-punched (that) I imagine the worst and waste precious time preparing.
I'm going to go re-read these quotes and fill my head with GOOD stuff.

Rick Watson said...

This one is a journey and easier said than done.
R

TARYTERRE said...

I let circumstances control my attitude though I shouldn't. You have some good advice on how to change that. thanks. i need it.