It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 24, 2017

Chapter 3, Page 24, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We've got high hopes! We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes! ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

The Hope of Lent - March 24th

The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Allan K. Chalmers

Whatever would we do without those grand essentials?  Without something to do, we’d have no cause to get up in the morning, Without something to love, we’d have no cause to get up in the morning.  Without something to hope for, we’d have no cause to get up in the morning.

Thankfully I do have every reason to wake up, get up and enjoy each day! It’s a very powerful thing to know that you have a purpose in life with something to do every day, to do the things you love and to be  hopeful even when things aren’t going so well.


Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each
moment. 

Thích Nhất Hạnh

Let me tell you a secret, it is impossible on our own. Every good thing comes to us from heaven above.  When you know who you are and you know who walks with you, you have everything! 

I’ve learned that no matter how good or bad things are, you must wake up each day and be thankful for  your life, because someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.

I’ve had my share of struggles, as we’ve all had. But I choose to push forward. I choose to restart. I choose to smile, even on the days that I don’t want to. Every day we have a choice to begin again or let our yesterdays define us. Every day we have an option to carry our past weight or let it go. And every day we have the potential to stay as what we were, or become something new.  And we are all capable of fresh, of different, of more.


The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn’t, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there.

Monica Baldwin

5 comments:

betty said...

It truly is a gift to wake up each morning and to embrace the day ahead with joy. So true we should appreciate our life as others are fighting for their's. A cheery attitude is a good one to have.

Betty

jack69 said...

You are so right. We have all had our troubles, no one is exempt. HOPE is what gets us through, gotta have hope!

TARYTERRE said...

I think this is a good quote, "every day we have the potential to stay as what we were, or become something new."

Mevely317 said...

Boy, your first paragraph has hit home! I keep dreaming of ditching my job and relocating nearer son ... but I worry, too, about not having a purpose. As much as I dislike the 4am alarm, it gives me purpose, a direction. To tell the truth, I'm not so good, left to my own devices. *lol*

Carol Z said...

Love the quote from Kermit! Finding a structure after retiring has taken work, but it's been one of the best adventures I've ever been on.