It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 13, 2017

Chapter 3, Page 13, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We've got high hopes! We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes! ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Christopher Reeve


The Hope of Lent - March 13th.

Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul. 

Henry Ward Beecher

I’m very grateful today that for the most part I’m moved into my new home.  My family and friends really pulled together and with a lot of hard work got it done.  They say that starting this afternoon though Wednesday, we’re to have some snow, not sure just how much as it depends on which way the wind blows.  We’re really lucked out so far this winter, but this could be the storm that hits us???

The picture above is part of my moving crew. Different people came on Saturday and Sunday so I don’t have a picture of all of them.  They are all the best ! Of course some of the grandchildren were there at times to cheer us on.  

Daylight Savings Time came without much trouble.  We were all too tired out to know the difference. It’ll be awhile before I catch up on my sleep.

Today I’ve a day to unpack and put some things away.  There are still a few things at the old house so perhaps tomorrow I'll get there to finish up.  We’ll see how the wind blows….

For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude.

Clarence E. Hodges

5 comments:

betty said...

Great crews you had to help you move. I was always glad to get the old place cleared of stuff. Seemed like it was just odds and ends and sometimes just junk.

Betty

peggy said...

I've been checking every day to see if your move is on. So happy and hope that this snow will miss you all. I guess old winter is saying I'm not through with you all yet. Some people here still don't have their power back. My craft mall was out for four days. I'm going out in the snow this morning so wish me luck, as I do you!!

TARYTERRE said...

Glad you are all moved in, settling into your new place. It helps that friends and family were there to help with the move. Transitions can be difficult without them.

Mevely317 said...

What a great looking crew! Your family and friends coming together like this must be a great example for the little ones. :)

jack69 said...

It is so good when family and friends pick up the slack and help in a time when it is needed. Glad you are in before the snow. THAT IS GOOD!
I think you will enjoy your new DIGS as the kids say!