It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 7, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


There are two ways to increase your wealth. Increase your means or decrease your wants. The best is to do both at the same time.

Benjamin Franklin

February 7th - in the pursuit of happiness


Until you make peace with who you are, you will never be content with what you have.

Doris Mortman

It’s a fact that as time passes, we naturally have more of it behind us and less of it in front of us.  As we get older, the distant future, then, gradually has less value to us personally.  But that doesn’t really matter, because the good life always begins right now, when we stop waiting for a better one.  

Some people wait all day for 5pm, all week for Friday, all year for the holidays, all their lives for happiness.  I won’t be one of them.  I won’t wait until life is almost over to realize how good it has been.  

We just forget sometimes, when we get so wrapped up in what we want that we forget to give ourselves what we need, both for our minds and bodies.


Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

Author Unknown

The secret to happiness and peace is letting this moment be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the very best of it.

The beautiful thing is that every moment is a new opportunity to choose again. Every moment is a chance to apply what we’ve learned.

We don’t need to have it all. We don’t need to do it all. We don’t need to be it all. We just need to have the courage to do what we can, and be happy with that.

Contentment is not something that's found; it is an attitude.



Life is about ignoring the drama, laughing with friends, loving your family, and being happy with what you have.

Author Unknown

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Lots of happy smiling faces there with you. I particularly like this post this morning. It speaks to me. "Until you make peace with who you are, you will never be content with what you have."

jack69 said...

Love the pictures....
I cannot remember when I was one who couldn't wait until Friday or hated Mondays. I CAN remember when I wished the year away for Christmas. LOL I read this at the first of the post:
Until you make peace with who you are, you will never be content with what you have.

Doris Mortman

And thought about it as I read the rest. Good stuff today.

Mevely317 said...

Yep. I spent much of my life going round and round, hoping to grasp that brass ring ... failing to fully appreciate the ride.
... but I'm trying! Every moment is a new opportunity, indeed.

betty said...

So true contentment is an attitude. I have found myself wishing away a lot of my life, but now have come to appreciate each and every day the good Lord gives me!

betty