It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 5, Book 17


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.

 Melody Beattie

February 5th - don’t forget to be thankful

If the only prayer you ever said was Thank You, that would be enough.

The difficult circumstances we face in life can make it hard to say, Thank You! But I’m trying to remember that no matter what life throws our way, there is always something to be thankful for.

Most of us have wonderful family members, friends, and other loved ones who love us back.  Learn to appreciate what a miracle that is.  Most of us have good health, which is another miracle.  Most of us have eyes, with which to enjoy the amazing miracles of sunsets and nature and beauty all around us.  Most of us have ears, with which to enjoy music and that is one of the greatest miracles ever.

We may not have all these things, because we can’t have everything, but we certainly have plenty to be thankful for.  To an extent, we know this already, and yet we forget.

So today I’m taking time out to say I’m Thankful

I’m thankful for a chance to learn and grow

I’m thankful for all the wonderful people in my life

I’m thankful for this new beginning in my life

I’m thankful for the ability to love and to be loved

I’m thankful for my health and for good health of friends and my family 

There truly is something to be thankful for always!


Gratitude makes us feel bursting with delight, just to remember the gifts we have received. Thus we are doubly blessed when we receive something--for the gift itself and later, in recall, for the miracle of having been given it. 

M.J. Ryan

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I am thankful for good internet friends. Thankful for someone who is willing to share their thoughts without obligations. SWEET!

betty said...

It is always good to count our blessings and to be thankful each day for the simple things we take for granted, like for me, I try to be thankful every day for the house I live in, clothes I have to wear, food on the table, etc.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

In everything around us there is something to be grateful for, it's true.

Mevely317 said...

I'm guilty of talking back to the auto-voice in my smart phone for 'her' failure to say 'thank you' or 'please.' :)

Such a little thing, to express thanks to another -- yet you've pinpointed how much I overlook ... I take for granted. Your take on miracles, for instance! Not long ago, I plunged both hands into a sink-full of dirty dishes and sliced my finger pretty deep on DH's newly-sharpened carving knife. Not a week or so later, I happened to glance down and marveled at my body's unobtrusive way of knitting itself back together ... when I wasn't paying attention. A miracle, yes.

Rick Watson said...

I'm thankful that you're my blogbuddy.