It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 28, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


February 28th - Pancakes and Carnivals

I tend to think that every day here is a carnival.  Excitement is around every corner.  There has not been a dull day here for as long as I can remember.

As for flipping pancakes… I have definitely flipped.  My brain isn’t what it used to be for sure.


Kidding aside,  it’s a good day to prepare for the Lenten Season which begins tomorrow.  We may want to make the most of today, and remember that every day is a new beginning.

I’ll be beginning my Lenten reflections starting tomorrow, Ash Wednesday.  They will be all about Hope.  Hope for today and for tomorrow as we make our journey to Easter Sunday !



4 comments:

jack69 said...

I try, but for the life of me cannot keep up with Holy Days or Holidays. They slip up on me. I might be the lack of real seasonal changes, I don't know. But my government has taught me to blame things, so I will blame lack of season definition. LOL
Love the graphics also.

betty said...

I look forward to your Lenten thoughts on hope, Ma! Indeed every day can be a carnival, can't it? Its all in the mindset I do think!

betty

Mevely317 said...

I need to post that Maxine cartoon in Guest Services, behind the Front Desk. :)
Just last week someone wrote a disparaging remark about the speed bumps on our property's main drive suggesting, "You try and drive over them sometime!" Then, my personal favorite -- an upset guest because his request for an ocean view wasn't honored." (... in Phoenix. Yes, really.)

I, too, look forward to your reflections on hope. Ash Wednesday was such an important part of my upbringing.

TARYTERRE said...

"Every day is a new beginning", indeed. Looking forward to your reflections.