It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 25, Book 17


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want — oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! 

Mark Twain

February 25th - Goodbye SAD.  Hello Spring Fever

All winter long I’m plagued with the SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder disease and now I fear another new but totally different ailment has hit me.  Spring Fever!  We had a record setting 75 degree day yesterday, but after some thunderstorms passed through last night we are only 39 degrees here this morning. 


The warmer sunnier days of the past week brightened my mood and improved my attitude so I must say  Spring Fever is not all bad for sure.  On the downside all I wanted to do was go outside and work in the yard.  But I know winter is not done with us yet, we still have March to get through.  So I worked inside and left the leaves in the flower beds as they are.  Those tender leaves of the daffodils and tulips that have popped up way too early will need some protection from the snow that usually comes our way.


When it snows again, and it surely will, they’ll keep warm in their cozy bed and so will I.  I refuse to get rid of the flannel sheets just yet.  

Many of us have asked the question, is it really February?  Yes it is, at least for a few more days yet. When Spring Fever strikes, it hits hard and does not discriminate by race, age, or gender. But I for one am not complaining! It’s certainly better than that SAD disease.


Every spring is the only spring, a perpetual astonishment.

Ellis Peters

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Ahhhh yes, SPRING FEVER! I REMEMBER IT WELL! lol

Luna Crone said...

Oh I am so sorry, that you suffer with SAD. My husband does, a little. Gray days in a row, are hard on him. Well, they are on me too. But I don't think we really suffer with SAD.

It is so true, that though we now have a spell of warm weather, winter is not done with us. And you are wise to leave the blanket of leaves, on the too soon sprouted tender sprouts.

I don't think what I "get" is actually Spring Fever. What I get is just being totally fed up with cold, wet, snowy, dark weather. ,-)

It hits, some time in the next weeks... When winter seems to have gone on "forever"!!!

Then, I turn on Hawaiian music. And post pictures of "little grass shacks," on lovely beaches... And pictures of signs saying "We live on island time here" and etc. -grin-

Nope, it hasn't hit yet. But... It probably will. :-)

Gentle hugs,
Luna Crone

betty said...

Glad for the pleasant days! I am sure they are helping you have the energy to do what you need for the move ahead!

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Spring fever! Every time I hear that term I think of Ann Margaret singing "It Might as well be Spring" in the movie State Fair.

Each year I remain a bit puzzled ... OK, and sad ... when winter comes to an end. Even in New Mexico when we enjoyed "real" winters. Nevertheless, I'm happy the changing seasons will coincide with your Big Move!

TARYTERRE said...

i have spring fever too MA. Yesterday it was 73 and today it is snowing. i prefer the warmth like you.