It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 24, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 24, Book 17



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March.

Dr. J. R. Stockton


February 24th - biding my time

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant.

Anne Bradstreet

I’m not by any means wishing the days away here, but it seems that the house sale has been approved and in March I will be moving.

There is much to do yet, so I will need every bit of time left to get ready.  I’m moving into a manufactured home, known as a single wide. I choose this type of home over an apartment because #1  It has a car port and the little Red Hen, as I fondly call my car, will not have to sit in a parking lot and #2 It comes with a storage shed, that the apartments didn’t have.   I’ll have 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, a bath, living room /dining room combination and an enclosed patio room.  6 plus rooms should be enough for 1 person I’m thinking.  There will even be room to have some company over.  My Sunday dinners can resume.

The 2nd bedroom is quite large and will serve the purpose of a craft room too.  I love to paint and to sew so it’s important for me to have this included. 

I will be missing the front porch, back patio and the yard with all the flowers here, but the saving grace is that I will have an enclosed patio area that has both windows and screens.  For three quarters of the year I’ll have a place to porch sit as much as I want.  

Meanwhile back at the ranch… ha ha…there is lot to be done and I’ll need the days ahead to get ready for my new beginning.  It’ll be different, that is guaranteed.  

This year Spring will have a whole new meaning as I start over.

Today’s picture is one of the many views from the porch that I’ve shown you over the years.  Can’t wait to show you my new view…coming soon in March!

February makes a bridge and March breaks it.
George Hebert

5 comments:

betty said...

I can't wait to see your new view too, Ma. Sounds like a perfect fit for your new home, especially with the enclosed patio. I bet you will make wonderful memories in that house too!

Betty

jack69 said...

I know you will be happy where ever you are, but it is nice to have something to look forward to and not be in the dark. Having a set time schedule works well for dealing with things THAT MUST BE DONE, Changes are exciting... I look forward to seeing your view also. Have a great weekend.

Luna Crone said...

Wow, this is exciting!

Moving to a new home. And it sounds like it will be lovely.

I'm so happy I found your blog, now. So I can "go along with you," on your exciting move.

Best of luck, with everything!!!!

Gentle hugs,
Luna Crone

Mevely317 said...

I didn't realize you were a sew-er, Ma!
(I just tried typing that without the dash ... imagine my face! LOL!) That's neat, your having a grown-up playroom of your own.

That planter box is so lovely. All the greens make this desert-dweller gasp.

TARYTERRE said...

I bet the new view will be equally as nice once you get settled. We'll all look forward to seeing it when you readjust and move in March. I wish you well tying up loose ends.