It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 22, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


Practice the pause. 

Pause before judging.
 Pause before assuming. 
Pause before accusing. 
Pause whenever you’re about to react harshly 
and you’ll avoid doing and saying things you’ll later regret.

Lori Deschene 

February 22nd - the pause that refreshes


 Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. 

Robert Brault

Taking a short pause can make a world of difference not only in our speech but in our daily lives too.  They say that taking frequent short breaks is better for you than one long holiday.  

Pausing for a few moments, taking a deep breath will do wonders to relieve stress.  We can think of a pause as a coffee break during a busy morning at work.  It makes us more productive in the long run.    I remember sitting at a computer for hours when I worked and would pause a few moments to close my eyes and give them a break.  What a difference it made.

Hitting the Pause Button whether in our speech or in our lives can really do a lot of good.  We all need to take time throughout the day to take a break or a pause.  It makes our words more meaningful and our days more productive.


Learn to pause... or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you. 

Doug King

If we don't pause to lower our stress levels, our work suffers and so do we.  Too much of anything is not good for us.  Taking time to pause and refresh works wonders.  Not only for ourselves but to others too.

We pause, regroup, and rethink our priorities to plan our next approach, and once refreshed we are better able to face our obstacles. So today, I decided to use the pause button. Even though I continue to deal with a myraid of issues, knowing I am refreshed I can handle them in a manner far better than before. 


Play the memories 
Pause the moments 
Stop the pain
 Refresh happiness !


4 comments:

betty said...

I like that practicing the pause. I need to do that sometimes when I get difficult reports one after another. I have to stop and take a deep breath and pause before moving on to the next report :)

betty

jack69 said...

Now lady, that is something we all need to learn much better! good 'un!

Mevely317 said...

Deep breaths!
This reminded me of something the motivational speaker Tony Robbins said in response to smokers' saying (that act) calmed them down ... settled their nerves. "Well, when you inhale what are you doing? Taking a deep breath."

Good stuff!

TARYTERRE said...

I think people are often too quick to judge without knowing the WHOLE story. So I like this quote today. "Pause before judging."