It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 20, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 20, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



Work for a cause, not for applause. Live your life to express, not to impress, don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.

Author Unknown

February 20th - be yourself


Life is to express yourself, not to impress others.

When I was growing up nothing I ever did seemed good enough. There was constant criticism that I could do better, and be better.  However, I have learned that you cannot make every one happy.  Being precisely who you are, at your best, gets you the things you want most in your life.  What matters is having strength of character, an honest heart, and a sense of self worth.  If you’re lucky enough to have any of these things, never sell them.  Don’t sell yourself short

Don’t worry about what other people think. Say no when you need to. Don’t be afraid to disappoint others when you hold to your intentions and honor your needs. Walk your own path  and don’t expect anyone else to understand your journey, especially if they have not been exactly where you are going.  You have to take the steps that are right for you; no one else walks in your shoes.

From right where we are, we can create a reality that uplifts and inspires us and also help others at the same time. We can’t please every one, but we can be a blessing to many.  

Remember:  You don’t need other people to validate you; you are already VALUABLE.


Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.



Bruce Lee

6 comments:

jack69 said...

The first thing that came to my mind as I read this was a quote I read once that said:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Have a great day.

betty said...

So true we are already valuable and God knows how valuable we are! We don't need the praises of me to validate us but we just need to remember how much God loves us :)

betty

Mevely317 said...

How I wish someone had shared this with me when I was young.
I'm trying to do better, but still catch myself at times trying to be a "people pleaser."

TARYTERRE said...

we spend our lifetimes trying to change to suit others. but this is the best advice. "Being precisely who you are, at your best, gets you the things you want most in your life."

Rick Watson said...

I love the thoughts in this one too.

Luna Crone said...

Validate yourself. Don't need others, to do it.

What Wisdom! What total Wisdom.

If only we could instill this, in the young. There is so much peer pressure, which they have to fight, all the time. -sigh-

Gentle hugs,
Luna Crone