It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 17, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 17, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.

 Jimmy Buffett

February 17th - words from the wise

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Albert Einstein

Thankfully I do have many in my family and among my friends that have shared words of wisdom when I’ve needed it.  Words that direct my thoughts to where they should be and words of encouragement to keep me going.

We can’t solve the problems of the world by ourselves, but taking the advice of others has helped me time and again.  Some of the best solutions to my problems have come from others.


 Fools get things mixed up and wise men straighten them out.

Scottish Proverb

Everyone has had different experiences and I love to hear them share them.  They give me a new perspective in the way to do things.  One person cannot experience everything and when we consider the advice of others, it can put a whole new light on things.

That is not to say I don’t make decisions on my own, but more than not, others advice has been proven to be helpful, even if their advice shows me how not to do something.



I not only use all the brains that I have but all that I can borrow.

Woodrow Wilson

4 comments:

betty said...

It is good to have trusted family or friends that can give good advice when needed. It is even better when we take tgat advice given and incorporate it in how we live.

Betty

jack69 said...

There are times a new perspective opens new worlds. I enjoy the quotes, I did smile at Woodrow Wilson's! I borrow many myself.

Mevely317 said...

So true! On many occasions I've had to ask my son, "When did you get to be so smart?" :)
What's key, I think, he rarely volunteers unsolicited advice.

TARYTERRE said...

I think a new perspective can change everything just like you said.