It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 16, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. 

Author Unknown

February 16th - wake up call



Faith makes things possible, not easy. 

Author Unknown

It is said that while faith can move mountains, doubt can conjure up a new mountain range where none existed. 

Keeping the faith these days has become more meaningful to me than ever before

Doubt can enter our minds like a thief in the night and take away our joy.   

There has been many days lately that I’ve said this is just not working, this is just not me.  I long to return to simpler days and truly the only thing that has kept me going is my faith and the hope that nothing lasts for ever and with God all things are possible.



The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible. 

Richard M. DeVos

There are days I don’t even recognize myself as I try to stay focused on the packing up here at my house.  I try to keep the faith that very soon I should be moving.  There is no room for doubt.  It has to happen sooner or later, but waiting isn’t easy.

Even though I long to return to the simple life I once knew where my days were filled with porch sitting and soaking in a few rays of sunshine, those days are gone.  We can’t go backward, but must move forward. Every day is a new beginning to focus on what can be changed and not on what we can’t.



Everyone has times of doubt, but faith can overcome it.  


Remember:  Keep the faith—but not to yourself!

4 comments:

betty said...

I can relate to so much you said here, Ma. Got to keep moving forward and continue to trust God. Hard sometimes, but it is the best we can do.

Betty

TARYTERRE said...

One step ahead of the other. Because you are so right about doubt causing obstacles when there should be none.

jack69 said...

Yes, the waiting is the hard part, but that can be accepted too. I really did like what you said here, it is so true:

It is said that while faith can move mountains, doubt can conjure up a new mountain range where none existed. 

You said a truism!

Mevely317 said...

Doubt kills more dreams ... that's so true. And so sobering.
Waiting is the worst. I often find myself longing for the simpler life, too.