It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 14, Book 17


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


I will greet this day with love in my heart.

Og Mandino

    And how will I do this? Henceforth will I look on all things with love and I will be born again. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.

    And how will I confront each whom I meet? In only one way. In silence and to myself I will address him and say I love you. Though spoken in silence these words will shine in my eyes, unwrinkle my brow, bring a smile to my lips and echo in my voice; and his heart will be opened.


February 14th - Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines Day is a special day set aside so that we can all express our love to those we care about and sometimes forget to say it.

It’s an equal opportunity day as it’s not just for those couples in love, but for anyone that loves someone.  I love my family and friends and we are called to love one another and that means we should love our enemies too.  


Love is more than a noun – it is a verb;
it is more than a feeling –
it is caring, sharing, helping, sacrificing.

William Arthur Ward

 Despite the commercial side of the day, it is good to set aside at least one day to genuinely show someone we love and care. If you take away all the trimmings around this day, you are left with that precious gift called love. Valentine's Day is not just limited to romantic love. It's a day that celebrates every moment of love

Like many gifts that are given to us each day we tend to take love for granted. But today is one day when we realize just how lucky we are to have love in our lives


Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren't even there before. 

Mignon McLaughlin

4 comments:

betty said...

I like that quote from William Arthur Ward; love is indeed a verb. We need to model love and show love to all in the world; those we naturally love because they are family and friends, but even the unlovable :)

betty

jack69 said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to a very sweet lady, it is always a joy to be invited into your HOME!

Mevely317 said...


Amid all the (continued) negativity and acting out, this is a great reminder. 'Wonder if I can still love someone and want to shake the dickens out of them at the same time? lol.

BTW, 'ditto' what Jack just said!

TARYTERRE said...

The perfect sentiment for this and everyday, "Love is more than a noun – it is a verb;
it is more than a feeling –it is caring, sharing, helping, sacrificing." I'm glad you had a happy Valentine's day.