It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 10, 2017

Chapter 2, Page 10, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


Just for today, be kind, cheerful, agreeable, responsive, caring, and understanding. Be your best, dress your best, talk softly, and look for the bright side of things. Praise people for what they do and do not criticize them for what they cannot do. If someone does something stupid, forgive and forget. After all, it’s just for one day.
Who knows, it might turn out to be a nice day.

February 10th - Living one day at a time

Life by the inch is a cinch !

We humans are good at a lot of things, but putting time in perspective is not one of them. 

The saying 'One day at a time' is used to convey that we should focus on the present now. We do not have to rush for the future to come since today is the only day we are sure of. Remember only God has complete control of tomorrow.


The life of faith is lived one day at a time, and it has to be lived - not always looked forward to as though the real living were around the next corner. It is today for which we are responsible. God still owns tomorrow.
 Elisabeth Elliot


 I tell myself to live one day at a time because sometimes that's the only way to get through a day.  There are many days when you want to quit. 

The best thing you can do is to take it one day at a time. Instead of focusing on the big changes you want to make, focus on waking up and doing what you have to do that day. As you take it one day at a time you’ll look up after a while and realize you’re there. 



The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. 

Abraham Lincoln

5 comments:

betty said...

It is good to take one day at a time. I don't always do that, but it is less stressful if we can learn to live that way.

Betty

jack69 said...

I know this. I know this, I know this! I KNOW THIS! And I try to do it, but, But BUT, I cannot always do it. Thanks for the reminder In my 78 years I have met some wonderful satisfied souls that actually live that consistently. (But IO can count them on one hand!) I know my life is better when i do it. There are times I am successful, but like the alcoholic, I fall off the wagon...........

TARYTERRE said...

boy oh boy is this true. "We humans are good at a lot of things, but putting time in perspective is not one of them."

Mevely317 said...

If I take but one thing with me today I hope it's your reminder, "God still owns tomorrow."!

Rick Watson said...

There is great wisdom here. It ias the old saying goes, It's easier....