It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 12, 2017

For Chapter 1, Pages 11 and 12, Book 17



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.

Marsha Petrie Sue

January 12th - Let us not lose heart!  

As you may or may not know, I’ve been on the rebound from the death of one of my sisters in December, and I am in the midst of chaos here at home…sorting and packing and now out of the blue, one of my dearest aunts passed away.  She has sadly been in a nursing home for several years and lived out of state so I hadn’t been able to see her in quite some time. 

Soo… in case you missed me, and to make a long story short, I was offline a day due to a quick trip that was made for a funeral.  


One thing right after another is really taking a toll on me.  But my daily scriptures this morning reminded me…do not lose heart.  Every day is a new beginning and I’m trying hard to count the blessings and not look back.  Let me tell you it’s not easy.  

I am very thankful that I had these two dear ones in my life and I have many wonderful memories of them, I am thankful that I have this home, but will be glad now when it’s sold and I can move on in more than one way.

I’m thankful for my youngest sister and her husband who provided transportation to the funeral and home.  I’d not been able to go otherwise.  And thankful for a break in our often snowy and icy January weather.   I also got to see the place I fondly call home…the beautiful hills of West Virginia.  


The pictures today are of the farm that was once the home of my grandparents and now owned by another one of my aunts.  The house is new now, but the barn  and some of the outbuildings still standing were there when I was a child and spent many happy hours .

Going home was both a joy and a sorrow…LIFE is like that sometimes.

  Remember:  Even in the midst of pain and sorrow there is a lot to be thankful for.



Our present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.

Nido Qubein

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I love West Virginia. The mountains are alive there. I recently lost an aunt and uncle so I know the suffering it causes. You have my deepest sympathy.

Stephanie Faris said...

So sorry for your loss. :-( I was born in West Virginia and I know it's a beautiful state!

betty said...

I did wonder where you were, Ma. I am sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. Good to cling to scripture during times of stress and sorrow. I find myself doing that a lot these days!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Duality.
I was SO relieved to see your post appear on my tablet while waiting for the doctor. (Tom had his cataract surgery today.)
... At the same time, saddened by your journey.

I'd no idea you were from beautiful West Virginia! Your photos of the old homestead look warm and welcoming, even against a wintry backdrop.